Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Watch out what you grab at the library!

I was in the downtown library this week and visited the Children's library area. I thought I would pick up a couple of books to read to my grandchildren this weekend. I found a couple of good picks on top of the shelf - you know the ones they display? Anyway I was 20 minutes through my 30 minute lunch hours and "judging the books by its' cover" (oh no"!) I check them out and was on my way.

As it was, I was at home with my grandchildren and my 13 yr old grandchild decided she was like to read the little ones a book. I grabbed my bag and said "Look, Grandma found you a couple of books at the library today!" I had to finish writing a paper, so I left them to enjoy the stories.

Well, as Paige, the 13th yr old, later was retelling me the story - yikes, it's about a preacher who loves fried chicken and was visiting a parishioner one Sunday enjoying a fried chicken dinner and he chokes on a bone and died. The rest of the story involved figures out how to rid of the body. OMG!

The moral of the story is "Don't judge a book by its cover" Gee, where have I heard that before?

No comments: